photo we-believe.png photo lifestyle-2.png photo travel-3.png photo lowrys.png photo adoption.png

Europe 2013 Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen is a beautiful city. We had so much fun exploring this new city! One thing that surprised us is that Scandinavia is expensive! That is something we would have liked to have known before hand. 


We read somewhere that people take pictures with the Hans Christian Andersen statue shirtless. I can't find anything about that now...but here is Rob's attempt at that! 

I loved this huge flower pot! 
Lur Blowers sculpture honoring the earliest warrior Danes

The original Christus statue, so wonderful! 

We were the only ones inside the beautiful Cathedral of Our Lady, with the exception of these sweet children singing so sweetly. 
The twelve apostles flanked the cathedral and then Christ was at the end where they all lead. Loved it.

The exterior of the cathedral
Nyhavn, my favorite part of Copenhagen! 



Changing of the guards at Amalienborg Palace



The 1908 Gefion Fountain 

Gorgeous


The Little Mermaid!!!!! 

I remember this day so well. I was literally in heaven, exploring with my love. We had the most delicious hot candied almonds and I'm going to try and make them tonight! 
I have so much fun with this mr. of mine! 

The highlight of our trip was our unexpected time in the temple. I knew I wanted to go see the Copenhagen LDS Temple but didn't know we would be able to spend an entire evening there. We were able to do some work at the temple and also received a personal tour of the temple from the temple president. What a blessing that evening was. 


I love seeing those words above the doors of all temples, 
Holiness to The Lord, House of  The Lord! 
In Danish,
Dedicated to The Lord, The Lord's House! 


2 comments:

  1. New to your blog! I am amazed at all your travels! Such a blessing! Just curious, do you guys travel for work? I think its my jealousy talking (LOL!) as I would love to just travel travel travel but its so expensive! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a huge blessing in our lives! We love seeing new parts of the world and learning about other cultures. Lucky for us, our travel has been for fun and not work. It can be expensive but there are ways to make it affordable. Take a look at Rick Steves website, he can teach you how to make travel a cost effective reality. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k