photo we-believe.png photo lifestyle-2.png photo travel-3.png photo lowrys.png photo adoption.png

Europe 2013 Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Castle

We took a tour out of Munich with Gray Line to go see Linderhof  Castle and Neuschwanstein Castle. I had never actually heard of Linderhof and it ended up being awesome! Being the Disney fans we are, it was so great to see the actual place that inspired Walt Disney's castles! Both of the castles we visited were imagined by King Ludwig II. 
 Linderhof was so charming
Gorgeous gardens surrounding the castle
 It's hard for people to use my camera so we will be out of focus in lots of our pictures:) 

 The big yellow castle below is Hohenschwangau Castle, it was King Ludwig's boyhood home. 
This view is from up at Neuschwanstein Castle.
 I thought the fog/mist was so magical, I loved it! 

 Again, the blur...
These two shots of the Castle were views I had never seen. I didn't know that Neuschwanstein Castle looked like this from other angles! It was a nice surprise! 
 I have a thing for fun street lights !
Marienbrucke (Mary's Bridge) 
You must hike here if you visit the Castle, the views are amazing and it is super scary to be up that high on the bridge! Rick Steves recommends going to Mary's bridge as you leave the Castle and I agree (Just make sure if you are with a tour you allow time for it). Walk up to the bridge and as you leave follow signs down to Pollat Gorge, this will lead back to town. This trip down takes about 15 more minutes! 
Looking at the castle from the bridge. I'm so glad we took the extra time and effort to go! 
Looking down over the bridge! I was FREAKED! 

2 comments:

  1. I love how the fog makes it look mysterious and rustic! Glad you guys had fun on your trip. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k