photo we-believe.png photo lifestyle-2.png photo travel-3.png photo lowrys.png photo adoption.png

Our IVF journey part 1

ATTENTION: 
MAY BE TO PERSONAL FOR SOME! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
I wanted to share our journey with IVF with ours because I think more people consider it than I first thought. It can be an emotional roller coaster and I want to be able to share my experiences with those who might be in the same boat. I have a wonderful friend who was here for me through the whole process. She also did IVF and now has one year old twin girls, who are the cutest thing ever. She helped me so much and so I want people to know I am here for them as she was for me!

So we did it! We went through the whole Invitro process and it was seriously awesome. The process started off with a bang...I started birth control pills to give my body a break before all the meds and procedures. Then we found out I needed surgery to remove some new polyps and it was such a pain to try to schedule it. Luckily my friends Dad is my doctor and was able to pull a personal favor! After 5 weeks of the bc I started my shots. We did the shots for a month and then had our egg retrieval. They were able to get 12 eggs and out of the 12, 10 fertilized! The embryologist called me daily to update us on our growing embryos. Then, the hardest part of this whole thing happened, out of all of the 10 fertilized only three continued to grow. I had a really hard time with this because I was planning on being able to freeze some embryos in case this didn't work or for future children. I was crushed. Rob helped me to realize it was all going to be okay and to be grateful for those three. We then had the embryo transfer and it was AMAZING! We got to watch the whole thing on the tv in the room and the ultrasound screen. We saw the embryos go from petri dish to uterus, again, AMAZING! Then it was a waiting game! I did blood work every other day and the doctors called me everyday to update us on my levels. We did get pregnant but unfortunately at 8 weeks we had to terminate the pregnancy because there was no heartbeat. I had the surgery Monday and it was a bummer but Heavenly Father has a plan and this pregnancy just wasn't right. We have faith that He is very aware of our situation and that He is very involved in this. We appreciate all the support and are truly grateful for all of our family and friends. Our spirits are high and we look forward to trying again in a few months! We'll have to do the whole thing over because we didn't have much to freeze. We learned lots and have grown spiritually and emotionally as a couple. 
Please excuse the grammatical mishaps! 

This was my first of several prescription deliveries 
The ice packs that came in the package. Yes, I kept them, I feel like we paid for them!
Some of the goods

First night of shots! Directions and all!

Lots of nights like this!
This is the morning before my egg retrieval, no make up allowed
After the retrieval, still a little doped up!
My AMAZING doctor, Dr. Hummel and one of the fabulous nurses
Another fab nurse, she is from San Jose too!
Getting ready for the transfer! The picture is all our little embryos! 

We got to watch the whole transfer! So cool! The little white dots are the two embryos we transferred 
HOT I know



11 comments:

  1. Danee, you are a strong, courageous person. I have faith that this will happen for you and Rob. Our hopes and prayers are with you during this process. Keep that chin up, and keep inspiring others to hope. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were going through that. You have such a great attitude about it. We will be praying for you both. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love you both. Thanks so much for sharing that. I felt the same way with all of Will's heart problems. As painful as it was to share and re-live, I know I was supposed to help others. You truly are a woman of God, and you exemplify that in the way you serve. Finding joy in service through trial is what it's all about. We continue to pray for you, and with you, and know it will all work out.

    Love,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for those designer babies to grow grow grow! You'll be an awesome mom. You are remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brave girl you are. I love that you are sharing this experience with us, and that you have such an amazing attitude through it all makes me love you even more!!!! And I LOVE the pictures. You rock that hospital gown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your faith & courage are a blessing & strength to soooooo many - we love you, Tay Tay. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are praying for you. I have a very close friend that had a very similar experience with IVF. It will happen. I know it.........keep your chin up (as you seem to always do)!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Nee Nee! You are so AMAZING! You and Rob both are such a great example. We love and miss you both. Thanks for sharing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, that's a lot of stuff!!! Girl, I'm proud of you guys! You have the best attitude! Keep going! It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Danee, I had no idea you had to take so many meds! The things we go through for our future children! I wish you guys the best! You have an amazing attitude. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just went back and read this because I was thinking about you. Oh Danee, I love you. I have a dear friend - of my BEST ever - who went through in vitro 2 years ago. It was when we were trying to get pregnant too. I experienced the whole thing with her - the shots, the doctor appointments (I even went with her). Of course I haven't done it, so I will never be able to truly understand, but it truly was an AMAZING experience and I am so grateful she let me experience it with her, and let me in. I will never be the same because of it. I was humbled by her strength, courage, faith, and ability to do such hard things. I tell you all this because I have a profound respect and admiration for those strong people, like you, who do the in vitro process. What a gift to have it available - I believe in vitro is a wonderful gift from a loving Heavenly Father. It is a miracle. I know that this experience must have been so hard, but you hang in there - just like you are already doing! - and know that your Heavenly Father loves you! I may not be your visiting teacher any more, but I DO remember, and still experience, the love he feels for you. It is real. You will be a mama soon. And you will be one of the most amazing ones I know.

    You are so incredible and you constantly amaze me with your strength and faith. It is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing this. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k