photo we-believe.png photo lifestyle-2.png photo travel-3.png photo lowrys.png photo adoption.png

Olympic Party Opening Ceremonies 2014

We had a super fun Olympic party with the youth from our church. I work with  the young women who are part of the leadership for girls camp this summer. These girls have been working hard and planning for a fabulous camp. We had an overnighter for leadership training and bonding time! Our camp theme is "Around The World", Young Women United! The language of the gospel is universal. This is the theme the girls picked and I am super excited about it. Our overnighter fell on the night of opening ceremonies and I immediately knew this should be our party theme. My friend, Tiffany, that works with me for this, suggested we do minute-to-win-it games for our own olympics. It turned out wonderfully! All the decor was SIMPLE SIMPLE and it turned out darn cute! We also did snacks from other places to go with our theme.
 Simple Olympic rings with green foam wreaths from Joanne's and cheap fabric wrapped around. I cut all the fabric in 2 inch strips then wrapped and hot glued it.
 I LOVED the flag banner. I found it on this great blog here

 I really wanted to make these earth oreo truffles but thought it would be difficult. 
IT WAS SO SIMPLE! I'll do a post on how to make them!
 Olympic torch aka mini cupcakes in mini ice cream cones, easy peasy


 Before we finished the set-up of our Italian soda bar
 Minute to win it games found here
The girls loved the games and they were hilarious!

2 comments:

 

design + development by fabulous k