photo we-believe.png photo lifestyle-2.png photo travel-3.png photo lowrys.png photo adoption.png

Hong Kong Part 1

Hong Kong was so amazing! What a beautiful city with rich culture, delicious food, and tons to see! Not only did we get the opportunity to check out the sites but we got to see where my Mom's side of the family is from. It was so neat to see where my Mom was born, where my Grandma was born, where my Mom played as a child, and things like that! I highly recommend Hong Kong as a great vacation and I can't wait to go back with the my hubby and the rest of my family. 
One of the huge shipping yards in HK, CRAZY!!! 
A nursery with Chinese New Year plants
This is where my great Grandpa is buried along with my Great Great Grandma and Aunt

Great Grandpa Wilfred
Auntie Marie (Grandma's Aunt) and GG Grandma Roza
The cemetery from the front
Grandma in front of the chapel at St. Paul's Convent school that she went to! 



Where my Mom was born, it's obviously been updated since then! 
   
Olympic steps right in front of St. Paul's 



My Grandma was born and lived in Stanley Civilian Internment Camp during the Japanese occupation and the camp was here at St. Stephen's

The stained glass in the chapel now stands as a memorial to all who died and suffered at the camp. 
The block where my Grandma lived
Grandma is in front of the hospital where she was born at Stanley 

Wonderful people who have studied Stanley and written books on it gladly met with my Grandma and showed us around! 

Where's Willi?
Where am I?

Hong Kong is very tropical and I was in love with all the beautiful plants and flowers

Crazy traffic, crazy driving
The Peak tram that takes you up to the Peak to have a beautiful look out
The stunning view!!!! 




Snack time
Bruce time
So festive! I will start this tradition in my home!!! 

Just gorgeous! 
Hittin up some night shopping! 
Representin in HK
Bryan was stoked about 7-11 having slurpees! 
Every night there is an amazing light, laser, and music show on the buildings, it was FANTASTIC!!! 


Happy New Year!!! 
While visiting the apartment home my Mom was raised in we stumbled upon this, The LDS Hong Kong Temple! I was so amazed that my family literally lived steps from where the temple would one day be!!! 
Don't mind the nasty picture of me! 
The Temple! 
Girl bathroom 
Handicap bathroom
Boy bathroom 


Yes, yes we did! 

Don't mind us, we're just taking a picture! 
All decked out for Chinese New Year

I loved the Castle! 

15 minute wait for space mountain, that's unheard of! 






How awesome are the food choices! 

All for the year of the dragon! 




In China, they give you these gloves to eat with so you don't get dirty hands and what not, awesome! 

Toy Story Land was legit 
Can you see my cute brothers?!?! 


















3 comments:

  1. NE Ne! This is my favorite of all your posts for your trips. I would love to go to Hong Kong one day. It looks so beautiful. I love that you got to go visit you ancestors graves and that your family only lived a few blocks from the Temple. So crazy. As well I LOVED all of the photos of DLAND! Did you eat with those gloves on for all of your meals there or just that one? haha. Love you Ne Ne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, that is so neat about the temple being so close to where your mom lived, the temple looks gorgeous. And Disneyland looks so fun, I would love to visit one of the other Disneylands some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what memories! Seems like a very meaningful place to visit for your family. Neat!

    I'm still laughing at the pic of you at DLand with oblivious tourists walking in front of the camera! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k